Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Saved by the bell

Battered boxers in the boxing ring were often saved by the bell to fight another round. In my case I was saved by a ring in my mobile.


I have been training, preparing for next week's Orange Run. I have been running on reasonably flat routes. This morning I thought I'll start a bit of hill work. I was running up the infamous hill in Jalan Beringin, Bukit Damansara. I know I won't make it up all the way, but I won't give up either. I huffed and puffed and kept reminding to myself to breathe. I was really beat and my legs were falling apart, but I won't give up until my heartbeat rate reached 170 as planned. My heartbeat was way pass 160. It was a mind game all the way. I was delirious, hence not thinking of the imminent danger ahead. Then I heard my mobile ringing. A God sent call for me to stop and answer the phone. I stopped immediately, who in his right mind wouldn't? I managed to grasped a week "hello".


Thanks Kooky for calling me at the right time. You saved my life.


Allen Lai

No comments:

Post a Comment